Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm On A Bus!

After a long "vacation", Danny and I have collapsed for the final leg of our long trip home: THE BUS.



"Why are you on a bus?!" you may ask, since you are my BFF and you know that I've been in Chicago and Oklahoma this past week (both of which are non-bussing distance from New England).  WELL- let me tell you.

This morning we had a flight from Chicago Midway to Providence RI at 8:30am.  Pop quiz for any whose ever flown: What time should we arrive at the airport?  If you answered 7:30am, then you are as smart/stupid as we were.    We even arrived 30 minutes BEFORE THAT, at 7am,  because we are rockstars.  We walked into the airport, only to find that 20,000 people (number provided by my imagination) were already in line to check bags at Southwest.  No biggie, we think, and jump in line to check our bags too.  The line wraps around the ENTIRE airport TWICE.  No joke.  We stood in line for 2 hours.  My math-saavy friends can tell you that those numbers mean that we checked in our bags 30 minutes after the plane took off.


Our only option of getting out of Chicago today (which- interesting piece of trivia alert- is the second busiest travel day of the year, trumped only by the Sunday after Thanksgiving) was to trade our defunct tickets to Providence for tickets to Boston.  Don't ask me why there were seats available to Boston but not to Providence- the last time I checked, Boston had significantly more citizens.

Since we flew OUT of Providence, that is where our cars are.  Which leaves us here, on a bus.  The only redeeming part of the experience is that the bus has WiFi.  Thus my sudden desire to blog from a bus despite my equally strong desire to nap.

Other things happened on my vacation too, all of which are more interesting and fun than my bus experience.  But it's my blog, and I'll whine if I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment